Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-14-2024, 11:59 PM   #1
Platinum Member

Default Remis blinds for Sprinter

I am researching a purchase of Remis front cab covers for our Sprinter. Looking for windshield and side windows blinds quick to deploy not requiring large volume of storage. Our current home made cover is a little cumbersome to deploy. I checked with Eurocampers, Hengs Industries and was told that they are no longer distributing Remis product. Eurocampers fellow told me that the issue was with airbags with newer vans. It is still available in Europe but no one I found want to sell them to USA. Remis is still listing this product on their product catalog. Ant help would be welcome, thank you.

https://www.reimo.com/en/download-catalogues
https://www.remis.de/fileadmin/user_...iten_EN-lq.pdf
https://www.ebay.com/itm/202139249787
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Untitled.jpg (291.1 KB, 10 views)
GeorgeRa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2024, 01:53 AM   #2
Site Team

Yeah, as they said, you can't use them in vans with side curtain airbags (which have been standard for some time now). I imagine that their problem is that almost everyone who has an older van and wants them already has them, so there is essentially no market.

Not that you asked, but here is my review of the Remis that we had in our erstwhile Sprinter:
The look and convenience can't be beat. I guess that this is pretty obvious. What is less obvious is that they are pretty delicate and have a kind of cheap feel to them. They come out of their tracks easily, the magnets don't hold them closed very well, the glue that holds the magnet strips lets go after they have gotten hot, and it take a lot of fiddling to get the "fold around the camera pod" mechanism to work right (if you have one).

If they were available for the Transit, I would probably get them again, but they are not quite the class product that they appear to be at a distance.
avanti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2024, 03:13 AM   #3
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by avanti View Post
Yeah, as they said, you can't use them in vans with side curtain airbags (which have been standard for some time now). I imagine that their problem is that almost everyone who has an older van and wants them already has them, so there is essentially no market.

Not that you asked, but here is my review of the Remis that we had in our erstwhile Sprinter:
The look and convenience can't be beat. I guess that this is pretty obvious. What is less obvious is that they are pretty delicate and have a kind of cheap feel to them. They come out of their tracks easily, the magnets don't hold them closed very well, the glue that holds the magnet strips lets go after they have gotten hot, and it takes a lot of fiddling to get the "fold around the camera pod" mechanism to work right (if you have one).

If they were available for the Transit, I would probably get them again, but they are not quite the class product that they appear to be at a distance.
Thank you for your comment, what do you have on your new Transit?
Old 06-15-2024, 01:53 PM   #4
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeorgeRa View Post
Thank you for your comment, what do you have on your new Transit?
Well,
first I got the expensive and well-reputed Van Essentials shades for the windshield and front doors:
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B09VCGDL3R
Everybody seems to love them, but we did not. We found them bulky, heavy, and unwieldy to put up every night.

So, we sent them back and replaced them with these:
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B086DFXY7F
No great shakes, but a fraction of the price, and a lot easier to deal with.

I'm sure the Van Essentials products insulate a lot better, but not worth it for us.

I have been fantasizing about trying to design and build a set of custom roller-shades, like the ones that Class A rigs have. The Transit has a lot of room above and below the windshield. It is a tricky problem, but I have a few ideas. I will post if I ever actually try this.
avanti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2024, 06:26 PM   #5
Platinum Member

I have quick to deploy side and rear windows utilizing 80/20 as curtain guide so no improvement necessary. I recently added overhead shelf with a permanent, quick to deploy curtain for late arrivals. Windshield and cab side windows is a headache. I used to use aluminized bubble inserts but they were too bulky and cumbersome. Now we have a one homemade curtain attached to mounted Velcro straps. I recently added magnets in lieu of Velcro, but it is still cumbersome. It is amazing that with such a surge of van camping we don’t have a quick to deploy blinds for van cab windshield and side windows in NA.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg ZGR02493.jpg (70.7 KB, 9 views)
File Type: jpg ZZGR2636.jpg (120.1 KB, 6 views)
File Type: jpg ZZGR2641.jpg (195.9 KB, 6 views)
File Type: jpg ZBY01216.jpg (213.4 KB, 5 views)
File Type: jpg ZBY01471.jpg (104.9 KB, 6 views)
Old 06-15-2024, 09:40 PM   #6
Platinum Member

I would like to modify my original post to 4 questions:

What type of blinds or curtains you are using for your van cab windshield and driver/passenger windows?

Are they easy to deploy?

Are they easy to store?

Are they blocking light?

Thank you.
Old 06-18-2024, 06:08 PM   #7
Platinum Member

I have their Promaster version and love it. It is not perfect - with an odd combination of high quality construction in the largest pieces and weirdly low-quality parts in other sections. I would still get a replacement in a heartbeat if something happened to the one I have. It literally goes up and down in under 10s without lots of body contortions in the process, so I use it for even short stops to block sun and provide privacy.
jakegw2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 05:23 PM   #8

Default Sokozi Window Covers

I have window covers by Sokozi Covers Inc in Canada. They are well made and folded in an accordion style. I plan to store them overhead once I extend the overhead shelf in my Transit.

The covers provide insulation and darkening. Their best feature is the added bug screen for the front roll down windows. Held in place by magnets, all one needs to do is fold down the window cover a fold or two and you let fresh air in but not the bugs!

My covers were delivered in 10 days. Check the company out at www.sokozi.com. I’m hoping they will add a cab divider soon.

E
alaimie is offline   Reply With Quote