Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-31-2024, 05:58 PM   #1
Platinum Member

Default Cockpit Table Arrangements

I've been poking around te various "improvements" in later model RTs. Found this Cockpit Table" interesting. It was shown in a 2016 170RT Brochure.

Wondering if anyone has such a layout, and if it is reasonably sturdy? It has a look of easier (3 step) setup and stowage. That could also mean - shakey.

If anyone has this layout - or images of the underside mounting, it might make an interesting MOD.

Now, the current setup isn't bad - just clumbersome:

TIA.

Cheers - Jim
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 2016 170RT PULL OUT TABLE.jpg (153.5 KB, 72 views)
File Type: jpg CockpitTable 2028.jpg (121.5 KB, 61 views)
phantomjock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2024, 06:09 PM   #2
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by phantomjock View Post
I've been poking around te various "improvements" in later model RTs. Found this Cockpit Table" interesting. It was shown in a 2016 170RT Brochure.

Wondering if anyone has such a layout, and if it is reasonably sturdy? It has a look of easier (3 step) setup and stowage. That could also mean - shakey.

If anyone has this layout - or images of the underside mounting, it might make an interesting MOD.

TIA.

Cheers - Jim

There are lots of them out there that are very similarly done. The originals is many Roadtreks mounted in that same position but didn't use ball slides, just a plastic on plastic slider.

Later ones like our 190P the slide and table fold into a narrow storage area next to the armoir on the sink side. Ours is still in place although I modified it to be smaller so the driver side person could still get the seat without going out the third door and around an in the driver door.

We find we don't like sitting in the front as the full time bed with arm pillows is much more comfortable and don't really ever even eat much but snacks and such that work fine there. When we cook we eat outside.

The underside mounting of the hinges and such is just screwed into the wood surface, plywood in our case, laminated formica over particle board for the Roadtrek version. In plastic I would press in nuts from the top side, I think.
booster is offline   Reply With Quote