Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-07-2024, 07:54 PM   #1

Default Roadtrek 190 Propane BBQ takeoff

I'want to purchase a used Roadtrek 190 Popular; what years have the second propane connection for the BBQ hose? I've seen 360 tours of some models that don't seem to have them. It's a feature I want very much.
Regnad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2024, 09:00 PM   #2
Bud
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Regnad View Post
I'want to purchase a used Roadtrek 190 Popular; what years have the second propane connection for the BBQ hose? I've seen 360 tours of some models that don't seem to have them. It's a feature I want very much.
Probably Not a deciding feature, since you can add one.

I suggest deciding on which B.
Bud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2024, 09:10 PM   #3
Platinum Member

It looks like 2018 was the last year for the 190 on a Chevy and the owner's manual says there is a propane takeoff provided on them. That would mean all the Chevy 190s should have them, but Roadtrek manuals have been wrong in the past, also.

Here is a link to the 2018 190 manual.

file:///C:/Users/Jim/Downloads/2018-...ers-Manual.pdf
booster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2024, 10:26 PM   #4

Quote:
How do you add the BBQ takeoff?
Regnad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2024, 11:16 PM   #5
Bud
Platinum Member

Quote:
How do you add the BBQ takeoff?
Simply google how to do it. No big deal. But do you really want to do it?

You may have already considered other alternative alternatives.
Bud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2024, 12:09 AM   #6
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bud View Post
Simply google how to do it. No big deal. But do you really want to do it?

You may have already considered other alternative alternatives.

And if the Roadtrek literature is correct, it should already have one unless it has been removed.

We have had a question recently where the poster had one, but couldn't find it until pointed out exacted where it is.
Old 07-14-2024, 03:58 PM   #7
Gold Member

Default Hidden

2006 190p, I discovered mine when I dropped the propane tank to replace the regulators. I went ahead and changed all the hoses while I was at it.
Thevon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2024, 03:59 PM   #8
otr
Gold Member

We bought a 1 gallon propane tank, equals 4 of the 32 Oz disposables, about $4 to fill, have an adapter hose, bernz o matic to bnq tank
otr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2024, 04:20 PM   #9
Silver Member

Quote:
Unless you are boondocking for extended periods Worrying about an extension hose will eliminate quite a few units.
If using campsites I always use induction cooker as it is fast and doesn't use my propane. My 200 V has the hose extension but I rarely use it, as for BBQ I like charcoal best.
Scottie409 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2024, 05:22 PM   #10
Bronze Member

Default Adding propane take off to older D290s

I have two Friends who attempted to do this they were successful, adding the takeoffs, but neither of them had enough pressure to run a barbecue. Make sure if you bother to go through the time and expense to install a takeoff that it will run your barbecue.
honeyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2024, 06:02 PM   #11
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by honeyboy View Post
I have two Friends who attempted to do this they were successful, adding the takeoffs, but neither of them had enough pressure to run a barbecue. Make sure if you bother to go through the time and expense to install a takeoff that it will run your barbecue.

It all depends on the grill and where you put the takeoff.

The other stuff in the van will be at something like 11" of pressure and run of the regulator. If you have a grille with a low pressure regulator speced to low pressure it will work fine.

If the grille is the more typical for home, 20# tank, setups it will be high pressure which is way higher of pressure at near 100 psi. If you have the high pressure grille it will work fine.

Many grilles with have both regulators available, but many don't also.

Most RVs now use low pressure as it is safer if you get a leak and is less likely to trip an overflow shutoff is on a long hose when you turn it on.

Older Roadtreks are worse yet as they run at 10-15psi on a separate regulator so some will run on it and some won't won't.

Tags
bbq, propane, roadtrek 190 popular