Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-28-2024, 02:49 PM   #1
Bronze Member

Default Dom RM2351 Fridge in Roadtrek SS Agile

I am having great difficulty with my new RM2351 in my Roadtrek Sprinter van. It seems that operation on AC can be acceptable. EX: one cooler evening {75º} here in Texas the fridge got down to -4º in freezer and 32º in the box. This tells me that the fridge is at least capable of cooling down given the right power. I am still doing tests, but so far it seems the performance is not so good on LPG propane gas. The fridge does have a built-in fan on back, but I have also installed two additional fans at the top vent to help exhaust the heat.

I measure the temperature (with IR gun) in the tube rising above the boiler at a certain spot. I think this at least gives some measure to compare what the AC and LPG heaters are doing. On mine just today, on AC electric, I read 260º. {I have seen this as high as 300º when operating on AC electric}. After switching to propane and waiting 2 hrs, the temperature at that spot was down to 240º. At this temp the fridge was making little progress to cool.

I got 11" WC pressure on a test a couple of days ago. There is a flue baffle in the chimney tube. The flame has a nice blue color down below the chimney.

Wonder what other folks in their older sprinter vans have experienced and done? Ideas?
OldPilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2024, 08:05 PM   #2
Platinum Member

See my reply under Dometic 3-way fridge flame fire. This could be your problem.
mloganusda is offline   Reply With Quote