Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-07-2024, 12:52 AM   #21
Platinum Member

Not only in USA/NA companies, we will likely never know who exactly made the decision in VW to cheat on the USA diesel EPA test, had to be someone very high up in Germany. VW still suffers from this venture after recovery from being almost permanently flat-lined. I personnaly turned away from VW after 40 years of owning varies Volwagen vehicles.
GeorgeRa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2024, 01:38 AM   #22
Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by avanti View Post
I am no Ford fanboy, but I do have to say that, with the exception of the well-known drainage problem in the windshield-wiper stowage area, I have yet to find any issues whatsoever in our 2022 Transit chassis. There were two recalls on the audio system and backup camera software, but we experienced no symptoms from either.
Ford Transit is on sale in Australia, but you are lucky to see any. Class B's on them no.
RobRyan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2024, 01:44 AM   #23
Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeorgeRa View Post
Not only in USA/NA companies, we will likely never know who exactly made the decision in VW to cheat on the USA diesel EPA test, had to be someone very high up in Germany. VW still suffers from this venture after recovery from being almost permanently flat-lined. I personnaly turned away from VW after 40 years of owning varies Volwagen vehicles.
Well as it turns out, VW was the first to be caught out cheating. A vast number of other manufacturers have since.. As far as affecting VW, not much of an impact VW CORPORATION, not VW cars is Globally the 2nd biggest Auto Company behind Toyota.. Their VW Crrarter's and other models are surprisingly popular in Australia
Old 07-08-2024, 04:28 AM   #24
Bronze Member

One thing I need to add and has come up in other discussions. Class B's by Jayco and Winnebago in Australia, have no connection to the similar named companies in the US. Jayco Australia is owned gy Gerry Ryan, not affiliated with Jayco Ind in the US. Winnebago in Australia has a more convulted history. No US Winnebago Motorhomes have been built or imported into Australia
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Screenshot_20240708_143357_Google.jpg (213.7 KB, 2 views)