Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old Today, 03:15 PM   #1
Bronze Member

Default Wheels

I am looking to replace the tires and wheels on my 2017 Roadtrek 170V. Tires are aging out and I am looking at rims that may be easier to clean. I really don't know much about wheels so I'm here for advice. I'm fine with keeping the factory size tire 245/75 r16. My bolt pattern is 8 x 6.5" and current RT wheel is 16 x 7. As far as style , I like the look and cleanability of the American Racing AR 172 Baja. Any suggestions on brands I should choose or avoid would be appreciated. Any feedback on Width of rim and offset, ect would be greatly appreciated. Joe
jojobafanzi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 04:39 PM   #2
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jojobafanzi View Post
I am looking to replace the tires and wheels on my 2017 Roadtrek 170V. Tires are aging out and I am looking at rims that may be easier to clean. I really don't know much about wheels so I'm here for advice. I'm fine with keeping the factory size tire 245/75 r16. My bolt pattern is 8 x 6.5" and current RT wheel is 16 x 7. As far as style , I like the look and cleanability of the American Racing AR 172 Baja. Any suggestions on brands I should choose or avoid would be appreciated. Any feedback on Width of rim and offset, ect would be greatly appreciated. Joe

The easiest is to just buy the Chevy stock steel wheels for the Chevy. You can get them used and lot of places or in junk yards. They will not be very expensive if you find the right place to get them, probably under $50 each. You need the Chevy center covers also, and those can be found on ebay for reasonable pricing for a full set. That is all you need unless you want more bling the the stock silver painted wheel gives.

If you want even easier cleaning, you can get some "wheelskins" chrome wheel covers and use them with the same hub covers as on the plain wheels. Cleaning is very easy as you can just pop them off and soak them in the laundry tub. We have had them for years, and will miss them now that we are changing wheels to get into different tire diameter.

The major advantage of the steel wheels is that you will be back to the stock wheel offset of +28 mm instead of the AR wheel -6mm that moves them outboard nearly 1 3/8" and can affect handling and bearing life.
booster is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 05:05 PM   #3
Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by booster View Post
The easiest is to just buy the Chevy stock steel wheels for the Chevy. You can get them used and lot of places or in junk yards. They will not be very expensive if you find the right place to get them, probably under $50 each. You need the Chevy center covers also, and those can be found on ebay for reasonable pricing for a full set. That is all you need unless you want more bling the the stock silver painted wheel gives.

If you want even easier cleaning, you can get some "wheelskins" chrome wheel covers and use them with the same hub covers as on the plain wheels. Cleaning is very easy as you can just pop them off and soak them in the laundry tub. We have had them for years, and will miss them now that we are changing wheels to get into different tire diameter.

The major advantage of the steel wheels is that you will be back to the stock wheel offset of +28 mm instead of the AR wheel -6mm that moves them outboard nearly 1 3/8" and can affect handling and bearing life.
I do like Bling
jojobafanzi is offline   Reply With Quote