Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-10-2024, 01:22 PM   #1
Platinum Member

Default Valve Stem

Have the wandering under control and have swapped out the problematic aftermarket aluminum wheels for OE steel wheels. Took the last wheel the spare to Discount tire to have the tire removed and put on the OE steel wheel. Had to do this a couple wheels at a time because steel wheels unless you buy refurbed online are not easy to find for reasonable money.

So anyway the tech at Discount is very insistant that I use some new fangled valve stem. I am not having it as I have already bought metal valve stems as I use an external TPMS sensor. This guy really wants me to try this valve stem and tells me no charge! OK free I will do!

These things are about $15 each and I see no advantage to them, am I missing something here?

https://www.dillvalves.com/product_c...-valve-stem-2/
jjrbus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2024, 08:43 PM   #2
Platinum Member

Discount Tire is a very reputable operation and I would take seriously any recommendations they make. It looks like these are very heavy duty stems. I don't know what you have, but if they recommend changing them out, I suspect that they have a reason.
JohnnyFry is offline   Reply With Quote