Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-21-2024, 05:15 PM   #1
Platinum Member

Default to painr or not?

hi
Getting ready to sell 08 chevy 210 rt pop
Roof, back doors and hood have been painter,sealed,she has the usual peeling problems , so small spots here and there on chevy part *
The decals are faded and peeling ,*as is the clear coat on the storage/grey boxs.
at 15 ft she looks fair , I'm critical
So, should I have it painted or let the new owner do what they want.
*price effect 5k ?
Is there a best time to sell in florida?

Thanks for any help
Michael**
mangomike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2024, 05:42 PM   #2
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mangomike View Post
hi
Getting ready to sell 08 chevy 210 rt pop
Roof, back doors and hood have been painter,sealed,she has the usual peeling problems , so small spots here and there on chevy part *
The decals are faded and peeling ,*as is the clear coat on the storage/grey boxs.
at 15 ft she looks fair , I'm critical
So, should I have it painted or let the new owner do what they want.
*price effect 5k ?
Is there a best time to sell in florida?

Thanks for any help
Michael**

IMO, both painting it and not painting it have ups and downs.

If you don't paint it will not look as if it had good care, whether it did or not, but it will also not eliminate the person that could paint it themselves, have a buddy do it, or doesn't care much about appearance.

If you do paint it, it means that you lose the buyers that don't care much about or can fix it, but gain curb appeal for many, but you also have to be able to set the price higher, which in older van market counts quite a bit.

A lot of Chevy Roadtreks have been showing up on ebay lately compared to the past and those that have not reduced their pandemic inspired pricing just don't sell, so you will need to check the market carefully for what they actually sell for and not what they asking for them.

I don't thing it is a sellers market any more.

Putting the $5K into a more modern power system might well bring a lot more return than the painting would, if it hasn't been modernized with more battery capacity and inverter size, so at least the microwave can be run.
booster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2024, 03:13 AM   #3
Platinum Member

When I see a freshly painted vehicle for sale, my brain wonders if it's been in a collision. Just sayin'

Putting that aside, don't you think a picture or two would help us decide for you?

Personally, I think it's a bad idea to put substantial money into mechanical/bodywork/ something you're selling unless you have a good connection like an uncle with a shop.

Tint or new tires are one thing, but a whole paintjob? You'd probably sell it faster with a 5k lower price point.
The Eyesore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2024, 03:58 PM   #4
Bronze Member

Let the purchaser take on the paint work, so they can decide on any color adjustments as well as the overall quality of the work.

Step #1: Look around to see if similar year models are for sale, and see what condition they are in compared to yours.

Step #2: Get an actual quote for the paint job, then either hold that number for negotiation, or adjust the selling price.

Step #3: Use the quote and the comps to decide how to price your unit and how much negotiation to allow.
sparkyfourhire is offline   Reply With Quote