Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-15-2024, 01:55 PM   #1
Bronze Member

Default Suspension upgrades! Success

I'm starting this new thread about my suspension upgrades and as a final update on a previous thread I started called "Trac Bar?" about my 2017 RT 170 Versatile. The short story being that the van handles much better now. Success! From the day I acquired the 170 V, the handling was miserable and front end alignment would go out very quickly.
First I replaced the shocks with Bilsteins. I replaced the tires with Michelin Agilis Cross Climate tires. I have always liked Michelin tires but I'm still deciding if I like this new model of Michelins.
The reason the front end alignment would go out was a defective upper control arm bolt. The bad threads prevented the proper tightening so alignment went out fast. I also changed the bolts and cams out for locking cams so issue never happens again.
That bought me to the rear. I installed a rear sway bar and a rear trac bar. After installing the rear sway bar, the vehicle handling and cornering improved greatly. The final modification was the addition of the rear trac bar and improved the ride even more. So far, the modifications were worth the time and mney spent. Cheers! Joe
jojobafanzi is offline   Reply With Quote