Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-20-2024, 03:55 PM   #1
Bronze Member

Default Steam cleaning question

I tried asking this on one of the Roadtrek FB groups I belong to and received numerous UNRELATED responses.

I'm looking to clean the fabric door panels of my 92D190P Roadtrek with a steam cleaner. The cleaning solution is irrelevant. I'm specifically wondering if anyone has used a steam cleaner and if it negatively affected the fabric, e.g. wrinkling, shrinking, etc.

I'm a bit concerned about the heat/steam, but I want to try this way to clean them as I have tried everything else.

Have you steam cleaned? What was the result? MUCH THANKS!
Kobieta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2024, 07:42 PM   #2

I picked up the Harbor Freight Central Machinery unit to steam clean my new to me, smoker-owned used Ram pickup. With the floor attachment wrapped in a microfiber, i steamed the headliner in sections and followed up with another microfiber to blot the area. I am satisified with the results and was cautious about how much steam to use. Did not use any cleaning solutions.
For $100 on sale you can’t go wrong. Go easy with the steam, blot afterwards, and you shouldn’t have any wrinkling, shrinkage, or delaminated glue. Many U-Tubes on the subject tho prolly none specifically aimed at your particular coach doors.
Old 06-27-2024, 04:06 PM   #3
Platinum Member

I know I've seen posts on the FB groups about cleaning the fabric, but it's been over a year or so, so I'm not much help there. I just wanted to mention that I have used a Rug Doctor in the past, with the upholstery attachment, to steam clean a velour sofa. It did a great job! I used the Rug Doctor cleaner (I think they have one for upholstery). The sofa looked great with no effect on the fabric. I have thought about doing this in my 99D190P but haven't yet.
Pam G is offline   Reply With Quote