Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-17-2024, 06:16 PM   #1
Silver Member

Default Shop repair manual

Is it possible to get a 2005 Roadtrek 210 shop repair manual?
ph007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2024, 06:38 PM   #2
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ph007 View Post
Is it possible to get a 2005 Roadtrek 210 shop repair manual?

You won't find a Roadtrek specific shop manual AFAIK

You can get generic RV repair manuals.

You can get a 2005 Chevrolet Express factory service manual to cover all the chassis stuff. Or you might need a 2004 depending on your chassis year.

The Chevy service is likely out of print, but you can commonly get them on ebay as 3 thick books used. You might also be able to find a digital copy of the manual.
booster is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2024, 09:49 PM   #3
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by booster View Post
You won't find a Roadtrek specific shop manual AFAIK

You can get generic RV repair manuals.

You can get a 2005 Chevrolet Express factory service manual to cover all the chassis stuff. Or you might need a 2004 depending on your chassis year.

The Chevy service is likely out of print, but you can commonly get them on ebay as 3 thick books used. You might also be able to find a digital copy of the manual.
eBay has some paper manuals for Chevy Express 2004 and 2005, but they are not cheap. Like booster said, make sure you know what year you have.

There are also manuals on CD. I have the paper manuals for my 2006, but wanted to download from CD to have with me on trips. I got one and it was not a full copy of the paper manuals and was not organized very well. There may be several different CD copies so some may be better.
peteco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2024, 10:13 PM   #4
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by peteco View Post
eBay has some paper manuals for Chevy Express 2004 and 2005, but they are not cheap. Like booster said, make sure you know what year you have.

There are also manuals on CD. I have the paper manuals for my 2006, but wanted to download from CD to have with me on trips. I got one and it was not a full copy of the paper manuals and was not organized very well. There may be several different CD copies so some may be better.

Definitely correct on the manual pricing. The days of them being under $100 are long gone.

Helm will also print you a new one, it appears, also. Also not cheap at $425, but we paid over $300 for ours for our 07 when we got it new in 2008 so not all that bad if you need one.

A Haynes paperback book is only about $30, I think, but that is about what I think they are worth unless you are only going to do very basic stuff.
Old Yesterday, 10:34 AM   #5
Platinum Member

I paid for a downloadable manual online, waste of money. Haynes is very sparse on info. This is the best I found, of course nothing for the RV part.

https://charm.li/
jjrbus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 12:33 PM   #6
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjrbus View Post
I paid for a downloadable manual online, waste of money. Haynes is very sparse on info. This is the best I found, of course nothing for the RV part.

https://charm.li/

That looks like is copies of the factory service manual pages, but organized and indexed better. Very nice.

One downside is need for computer at the vehicle and inability to easily move between sections easily, like any electronic manual. This on also looks to be online only unless I missed a way to download it all in one file for the vehicle.

It would be nice to download it in case of not having a good internet connection on the road, and of course who knows how long the website will exist as there might be future copyright issues.
Old Yesterday, 12:35 PM   #7

GM Upfitter manuals are also pretty useful. Available for pretty much every GM chassis and year.
https://www.gmupfitter.com/body-builder-manuals/
Uncle_Rico is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 02:20 PM   #8
Silver Member

Thanks for all the info. I have a son that is a very good Chevy mechanic and can take care of everything on the chassis. I was wondering if RT had one for their side of the RV.
I would think that their service techs would have needed one.
ph007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 03:41 PM   #9
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ph007 View Post
Thanks for all the info. I have a son that is a very good Chevy mechanic and can take care of everything on the chassis. I was wondering if RT had one for their side of the RV.
I would think that their service techs would have needed one.

The techs are mostly on their own, I think, except to be able to, maybe, get some better answers from RV builder on their specific brand. We have heard complaints that independent repair shops and individuals can't normally get as good a response compared to the dealers.

For the components, most everyone is dependent on the component literature and help contacts, both of which can vary from horrible to decent.
Old Yesterday, 05:30 PM   #10
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by booster View Post
That looks like is copies of the factory service manual pages, but organized and indexed better. Very nice.

One downside is need for computer at the vehicle and inability to easily move between sections easily, like any electronic manual. This on also looks to be online only unless I missed a way to download it all in one file for the vehicle.

It would be nice to download it in case of not having a good internet connection on the road, and of course who knows how long the website will exist as there might be future copyright issues.
For my 01 it has a download Zip file for offline use. Have never got to trying it.
jjrbus is offline   Reply With Quote