Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-11-2024, 04:33 PM   #1
Bronze Member

Default Roadtrek Adventurous 2500 replacement fridge

So my refrigerator needed work and no parts available due to discontinued model per the repair facility. They said that a dometic model for $2K was needed because it was Dometic's replacement for my old fridge.
I questioned the price because many similar 3 way models were available in the $1,200 range. They insisted that the Dometic was needed in order to make it fit properly without some major retrofitting. So I accepted the price.
BUT - the new one does not fit properly (after $800 worth of labor to install because the new one did NOT fit properly). I can't close the drawer next to the fridge and it has to be held closed with a bungee.
I find this unacceptable, especially when I was told I had to buy the Dometic so that it would fit. I have spent almost $3K for something that is not right!

Does anyone have any experience with this?
Thank you
shelw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2024, 07:56 PM   #2
Platinum Member

Sorry for your problem. I have a 2006 Adventurous RS and had the Domestic 3-way replaced and the fit up was fine. Not cheap...but it works pretty well.
engnrsrule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2024, 11:12 PM   #3
Bronze Member

What model did you get?
shelw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2024, 04:08 AM   #4

Default 2006 Roadtrek Adventurous Refrigerator

I had a similar problem with my 2006 Roadtrek Adventurous. Difficult to find one that fit and was 3 way. I finally found a Norcold model N4104AGL through State Trailer Supply after several failed attempts through other online suppliers. I received the wrong model once, and a unit that was broken on arrival (there were 6 shipping labels on what was left of the carton).
I paid around $1250 Back in 2021.
We now even make ice in addition to having a good refrigerator. actually love it and if fit really snug.
I did find that Roadtrek never wired for the ignition switch wire and added that by jumping from a wire under the drivers seat.
best of luck.
auger is offline   Reply With Quote