Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-06-2024, 04:24 PM   #1

Question Part for Seaflo Water Pump

Hello everyone! I'm new to the world of RVing, so this is my first time posting.

I recently purchased a used Promaster 2500 converted campervan, and I'm having an issue with the water pump, a Seaflo Model No. SFDP1-055-060-55. At first, it wouldn't shut off, even when all the taps were closed and the system seemed to be pressurized. Most recently, it has started shutting off randomly and refusing to turn back on.

I've had it checked thoroughly and there aren't any leaks, so my online research indicated that the problem could be a faulty pressure sensor - but I'm having trouble finding a place to buy a new one! The manufacturer's site and Amazon seller page lists them as out of stock, and their various authorized resellers are either likewise out of stock or no longer seem to be in business.

What's the best way to go about sourcing parts like this? Are there any other potential causes for this issue I should be looking into?
sadaloid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2024, 09:37 PM   #2

I would replace the pump with a new one. Not too expensive.
I had problems with water pumps. The switch was failing. I felt the problem was the switch rating being too close the the needed power. My solution was to isolate the switch and run it through a relay. The relay contacts are much more robust.
MyPoplar210 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2024, 03:04 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by MyPoplar210 View Post
I would replace the pump with a new one. Not too expensive.
I had problems with water pumps. The switch was failing. I felt the problem was the switch rating being too close the the needed power. My solution was to isolate the switch and run it through a relay. The relay contacts are much more robust.
Thank you for the suggestion! You're right that it might make more sense to replace the pump -- I'll take a look and see what's available.
sadaloid is offline   Reply With Quote