Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-15-2024, 03:31 PM   #1
Silver Member

Default Macerator

Can the Macerator be replaced with a full or half full waste tank? I have a 2005 Roadtrek 210. Is it possible to add a gravity dump to this system?
ph007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2024, 08:28 PM   #2
Platinum Member

You can definitely change out the macerator pump. Just don’t open the dump valves until you have completed the macerator replacement.

It is also possible to add a gravity dump. I did it on my 2013 Airstream Interstate 24 Lounge. Put each installation is different. As long as there is room to add a Y-fitting after the dump valves it can be done.
Old 06-16-2024, 05:47 PM   #3
Platinum Member

There are several discussions on this forum about adding a gravity dump to a macerator system with both independently usable.

It is commonly called a "dual dump" system on here.

I did ours a long time ago as one of the first ones documented and it has worked well for over a decade, at least in testing as we have never had a macerator failure to this point. Ours is a 2007 Roadtrek 190P.
booster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 03:54 PM   #4
Platinum Member

I have a RT Adventurous RS (Sprinter). There is a gravity valve bypass but it does not appear to have any hose hookup. May be just for flushing or other maintenance.

Some road debris took out part of my hose and reach rods, and tank was full. I saw a billboard for a vacuum truck outfit and stopped there. They were very helpful, went in thru the toilet and sucked the tank out. Got me home. And they didn't even charge me anything.
engnrsrule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 03:55 PM   #5

Hey Booster,

Any chance you can point me to your documentation? I also have a 2007 190P, but have suffered multiple macerator failures probably due to using my RT as a second vehicle on the salty winter roads of Southern Ontario. For the last year I have been encroaching on suitable dump stations, then letting loose the cap on the outlet between the valves and opposite the macerator.
Not Fun!

kk
yogi22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 04:03 PM   #6
Platinum Member

To remove the macerator when the black and or gray tanks are not empty, make sure the dump valves are fully closed, as has been previously mentioned. But know, there will be last dumped liquid between the macerator and the dump valves that will be released when the macerator is disconnected.
Old Yesterday, 09:34 PM   #7
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by yogi22 View Post
Hey Booster,

Any chance you can point me to your documentation? I also have a 2007 190P, but have suffered multiple macerator failures probably due to using my RT as a second vehicle on the salty winter roads of Southern Ontario. For the last year I have been encroaching on suitable dump stations, then letting loose the cap on the outlet between the valves and opposite the macerator.
Not Fun!

kk

Here is a link to my original information of what Roadtrek messed up with the design of the setup.

https://www.classbforum.com/forums/f...ions-3249.html

This is to a link for what I found with a brand new pump that leaked.

https://www.classbforum.com/forums/f...ssue-3429.html

And here is how I did the dual dumping setup

https://www.classbforum.com/forums/f...etup-3279.html
booster is offline   Reply With Quote