Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-05-2023, 03:18 PM   #21
Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by booster View Post
I think that whenever you start to try to make the dumping quicker, easier, cleaner, you might want to read some the threads on this forum that refer to upgrades to "dual dumping" setups that have been built in various ways.

The dual dump normally consists of a macerator dumping system which is quick and clean to use as the primary dumping and it also has a manual dump system with removable hose in case of a macerator pump failure. Members here have been doing them for years and even before Roadtrek put a similar setup on the Zions before they went out of business.

I put one of the early builds on our 07 Roadtrek C190P a long time ago and it has been on since then without issue.

Macerators are great, clean, fast, convenient, but there is always the chance of a pump failure leaving you with full tanks you can't empty easily.

Add the backup manual dump to get you by until you get the pump fixed and you have the security of not ruining a trip.

Best of both worlds.
Thank you. I will look for those threads on dual dumping. Sounds good.
JeffGalan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2023, 04:01 PM   #22
Silver Member

I replaced my old macerator hose on my RT and it was super easy. I emailed RoadTrek and they gave me the replacement hose model number and proper length to order. It was easy to find online. I can't find the email
GaryG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2023, 03:08 AM   #23
Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GaryG View Post
I replaced my old macerator hose on my RT and it was super easy. I emailed RoadTrek and they gave me the replacement hose model number and proper length to order. It was easy to find online. I can't find the email
I'm probably just going to stabilize the very cheap thin hose as to not pull it out, just have it like a regular RV termination point to connect the bayonet part to.

I'll store the hose in the storage where the AC is and outside shower. In a thick waterproof vinyl bag. There's way more storage in there than needed really.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_20231005_190242846.jpg (136.6 KB, 2 views)
Old 10-06-2023, 03:08 AM   #24
Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeffGalan View Post
I'm probably just going to stabilize the very cheap thin hose as to not pull it out, just have it like a regular RV termination point to connect the bayonet part to.

I'll store the hose in the storage where the AC is and outside shower. In a thick waterproof vinyl bag. There's way more storage in there than needed really.
Oops loaded sideways
Old 10-06-2023, 03:21 AM   #25
Silver Member

I think that's a big mistake. The recommended hose is great. I am the subject of envy to every RVer when I dump. 3-4 minutes. No drips. No hoses filled with ****. Quick pump out and then out of there.
GaryG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2023, 03:24 AM   #26
Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GaryG View Post
I think that's a big mistake. The recommended hose is great. I am the subject of envy to every RVer when I dump. 3-4 minutes. No drips. No hoses filled with ****. Quick pump out and then out of there.
Yes it's great in that aspect but it's VERY thin. RT messed up with some cheap thin plastic that gets dragged on the ground then destroyed. It will not last long and it's too much work to replace for me anyways.

Maybe if they did it right with a thicker hose I'd leave it alone but they didn't
Old 10-06-2023, 03:46 PM   #27
Bronze Member

If you are looking to replace the big hose (if you have a big dump pipe too) then I would recommend the Rhino brand hose. I have never had one that brand fail.
Jim M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2023, 03:50 PM   #28
Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim M View Post
If you are looking to replace the big hose (if you have a big dump pipe too) then I would recommend the Rhino brand hose. I have never had one that brand fail.
I think I have that one on my Class C. They are excellent.

Definitely agree with you.

Also 90% of the time I see these being used at rv parks by the Rv'ers so it's very popular.
Old 10-11-2023, 04:14 AM   #29
Silver Member

Found a leak at the end portion of my hose and actually the rest of it appeared like new and dry.

But I have a question.

If I cut out the leaky part just above the clamp I'll need another termination cap.

But I dunno if this one will fit into the RT pipe enclosure thing that stores the sewer hose.

See attached. Thx for any input.

Id hate to cut it up then end up un usable.

The original one on my RT seems way smaller in diameter.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_20231010_210845.jpg (271.5 KB, 4 views)
Old 10-26-2023, 04:20 PM   #30

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeffGalan View Post
I really hate that whole Roadtrek sewer hose and setup.

I'd prefer a real RV sewer pipe that terminates with a hose connection.

Has anyone done this on it?

The hose is so flimsy, leaking already after two uses and just a terrible design. If it were STRONGER I'd say I love this compact way to use it but it's not.

I watched the videos changing it out and prefer just to change it to a regular RV setup.

Anyone do this or attempt to? Thx
We have had a 1995 Roadtrek for nearly 8 years. It still has the blue sewer hose it had when we bought it, and there are no leaks. For all I know, it is the original hose. I carry a jar of Vaseline in the lockable exterior storage compartment on the driver's side. When the hose gets uncooperative, I smear some Vaseline on its exterior and kind of twist the hose back and forth as I extract it. I've never had a problem with it since I started using the Vaseline, which I don't have to do very often.
Austinrt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2023, 04:26 PM   #31
Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Austinrt View Post
We have had a 1995 Roadtrek for nearly 8 years. It still has the blue sewer hose it had when we bought it, and there are no leaks. For all I know, it is the original hose. I carry a jar of Vaseline in the lockable exterior storage compartment on the driver's side. When the hose gets uncooperative, I smear some Vaseline on its exterior and kind of twist the hose back and forth as I extract it. I've never had a problem with it since I started using the Vaseline, which I don't have to do very often.
Wow that's even older than my 99.
Surprised it didn't leak, bet the Vaseline helps.

Good tip.

I already converted the tube that holds the sewer hose into the pipe that I'll connect a hose to, hopefully permanent connection. I glued the termination cap on it. Working fine with no leaks at all. Thx for the input.