Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-30-2024, 11:07 PM   #61
Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Happy Guy View Post
Hello All,
New to this Forum. Just took delivery of our new Strada Ion. Are there any other owners of a Grech on this Forum. I’ve had class c’s and fiberglass TT. So far this Grech has been a great experience. The fit and finish are tops. Hope to learn more about class B’s from you all. See you on the road.
What year is your Strada ion?

Does your DVD pause/play remote control work when the cabinet to the DVD player is closed? Also, not just DVD but also USB drive media plugged into the DVD player.

Thanks.
MysteryMachine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2024, 01:09 AM   #62
Bronze Member

The DVD player remote is infra-red just like 99% of the other remotes you have, so you need to have the cabinet door open for it to work.
Old 05-31-2024, 02:58 AM   #63
Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeorgeKG View Post
The DVD player remote is infra-red just like 99% of the other remotes you have, so you need to have the cabinet door open for it to work.
Thank you for responding to my question.

This has been your experience too in your 2022 GrechRV? Does your setup have a Vizio TV as well?

99% of the time the IR remotes do require line of site, however there are possible a few tricks that might be able to overcome this such as perhaps something like this

However, I don't see anything like this installed on it.

There are also like ir receivers which connect with a long thin wire to the back of certain devices so you can have you receiving point not directly where the equipment is. I think this kind of thing used by people with home theater equipment or big media room setups.

There is also HDMI CEC that allows some remote control via the HDMI cable connection however since the vizio has no pause/play button, this does not work.

If they are telling me this is supposed to work with the cabinet closed, then I assumed they had some kind of solution setup.

However, from what you are telling me, this may be a problem for all GrechRV owners.
MysteryMachine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2024, 11:04 AM   #64
Platinum Member

Putting a glass panel in the door instead of wood or other material that the door is make of might also work.

Our Roadtrek 190 has glass door panel in it and the remotes work though it quite well.
booster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2024, 03:06 PM   #65

This is my first attempt at post on the class B site. My wife is the RVer (we’re on #4). Looking to downsize to class B. This will be our last. Looking at a Pleasure Way and Grech. Locally the dealer has a 25 Strada and a 24 Turismo. We can live with the shorter one although I like the idea of the 3500 v 2500 and the Air Ride. From existing inventory we can have any color interior we want—as long as it’s the lightest (white/ivory). We have chihuahuas and I wonder how the interior holds up and how the flooring material works with dogs. Dogs will have accidents and my concern is the woven material vs LVT. Any thoughts would be appreciated. We’re going to look at them in depth tomorrow. If this is the wrong placement for the post I apologize.
Packer Pete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2024, 03:54 PM   #66
Bronze Member

The woven floor material is super tough and not affected by moisture. The sub-floor under the woven floor material is also synthetic and not affected by moisture. BUT the material is woven and it is difficult to remove anything that gets ground into the floor and dries. We had small spot in the floor that I think was toothpaste. It had dried in place and simply wiping it did not remove the stain. I used a magnifying glass and pin to carefully scrape the bits of toothpaste that were between the individual fibers in the floor. Luckily, the spot was the size of a pea. This technique would not work too well for a large spot. I doubt you would want to go through tis for dog poop.

I read somewhere this floor material originated with the boat industry. It would be the perfect material for a floor if you could always use a water hose or pressure washer to spray it down. In the van, that's not an option so there are definite compromises with this floor material.

The Grech is the best B van on the market in my opinion. Good luck on your search.
Old 06-27-2024, 04:25 PM   #67

Thank you for the response. The flooring will be a big issue for my wife. Although the dogs don’t run wild and are crated when unsupervised she’ll go nuts if there’s embedded dog crap in a $200k rig. My hope is I can convince to throw down some vinyl mats. It’s not like we won’t notice it right away. I’m hoping there’s enough pros to outweigh the cons in her mind.

Safety and reliability are most important to me.
Packer Pete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2024, 05:56 PM   #68
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeorgeKG View Post
T............................ We had small spot in the floor that I think was toothpaste. It had dried in place and simply wiping it did not remove the stain. I used a magnifying glass and pin to carefully scrape the bits of toothpaste that were between the individual fibers in the floor. Luckily, the spot was the size of a pea. This technique would not work too well for a large spot. I doubt you would want to go through tis for dog poop.

A found good way to clean stain spots on a fabric is sonic toothbrush. I have some old brushes for sonic handle to use on spots, works great. For some tough spots ultrasonic wand would be better. https://www.ebay.com/itm/17575996333...xoCQW4QAvD_BwE
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Untitled.jpg (160.7 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg Untitled2.jpg (77.9 KB, 0 views)
GeorgeRa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2024, 10:47 PM   #69
Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Packer Pete View Post
Thank you for the response. The flooring will be a big issue for my wife. Although the dogs don’t run wild and are crated when unsupervised she’ll go nuts if there’s embedded dog crap in a $200k rig. My hope is I can convince to throw down some vinyl mats. It’s not like we won’t notice it right away. I’m hoping there’s enough pros to outweigh the cons in her mind.

Safety and reliability are most important to me.
One more item to consider: The Grech Ion vans have a giant battery that will run the AC for 8ish hours so you can leave animals in the van. I think the battery is more reliable than a fossil fueled generator and the battery has zero maintenance. We don't travel with animals, but find that the battery is a huge benefit for flexibility in van traveling.