Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old Today, 11:08 AM   #1
Bronze Member

Default Front Sway Bar Links

I replaced my front sway bar bushings and end links in my quest to improve the handling and feel of the vehicle. I started with the two bushings on my 2017 Versatile 170. They didn't look bad but I changed them out for Polyurethane Energy Suspension 9.5168. The Poly bushings are a fraction in thickness but much wider compared to the OEM rubber. I could immediately feel better road manners from the 170V. The sway bar end links looked fine with no cracks or deformities but I ordered replacements anyway. I installed the Moog k700537 Polyurethane end links. This final upgrade perhaps should have been the first upgrade when I replaced the shocks. Absolutely good money spent. Easy to install and very inexpensive. I highly recommend this upgrade. Cheers! Joe
jojobafanzi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 08:10 PM   #2
Platinum Member

Chevy 2500 I assume? Thanks for the "Links." I wasn't looking for an excuse to crawl under the front end again! Red or Black?

I note the Moog K700537 is listed for the Ford Mustang. Amazon says it fits. I shoulda' had these when I made the "Lift." Oh well. It will be nice to add them now and put "pencils down" on the front end.

Cheers - Jim
phantomjock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 08:19 PM   #3
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by phantomjock View Post
Chevy 2500 I assume? Thanks for the "Links." I wasn't looking for an excuse to crawl under the front end again! Red or Black?

I note the Moog K700537 is listed for the Ford Mustang. Amazon says it fits. I shoulda' had these when I made the "Lift." Oh well. It will be nice to add them now and put "pencils down" on the front end.

Cheers - Jim

It is interesting on the end links being that much better than stock unless the stockers were old school rubber ones.

By 2007 GM had switched to what are probably hard polyethylene end links that are very hard and incompressible so would very likely to give handling similar to aftermarket urethane. The privot bushings, I don't recall what they are made of, I will have to look.

With the end links, IMO, it is important to have the van level and on the ground when you tighten the links, so the bar doesn't wind up preloading the suspension (unless you want it to because of uneven weight distribution).
booster is offline   Reply With Quote