Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-28-2021, 05:57 AM   #1
Silver Member

Default First trip

Hi, I want to thank everyone for the awesome advice and help with our 2006 Roadtrek C190V 4x4. I replaced the shocks with Bilstein all around, installed Hellwig rear sway bar, replaced the steering components, rebuilt the transfer case, replaced all the fluids with synthetic fluids, Michelin Agilis CrossClimate Tires along with a lot of other work. Basically I baselined systems so I know where everything sits. I have been working on it since December 2019 off and on as family life and money allows. Well last week we finally went on our shake down trip of 1,200 miles and it performed flawlessly. I still have a few bugs to work out with the house. We are very happy with our purchase and will be going on other adventures as time permits. I know I will have more questions as time goes on but I know the great members here will be of great help.
55 Nomad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2021, 04:57 PM   #2
Platinum Member

Congratulations on your shakedown cruise success! Your 2006 190 and my 2007 210 are pretty close brothers and very similar in rv components. I hope you enjoy yours as much as we have enjoyed ours! We bought it special order new fifteen years ago next month and equipped it for our needs and are still enjoying it. We have no intent on getting a newer or different model because our RT fits our needs as well as or better than the new layouts we see.

I suspect you will have lots of wonderful memories from trips in your Roadtrek.
Doneworking is offline   Reply With Quote