Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-06-2023, 08:59 PM   #1

Default coach battery

I have a 2017 pleasure way Mercedes sprinter and would like to know where the solar batteries are located, and why is there a spot for an other battery in the engine bay, but there is not one there?
mannella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2023, 05:49 PM   #2
Platinum Member

Now sure which Pleasure Way you have but I think you are referring to the house battery. In the Plateau it is located at the rear beneath the couch/bed on the left side in a battery well (carpet panel covering). It is a AGM battery. There is room for extra batteries in the engine bay and also under the front passenger seat although you would have to run a heavy gauge wire to connect the batteries in parallel and all the batteries should be the same size, type and age to properly charge and discharge.
Formerly - 2007 Pleasure Way Plateau (06 Sprinter T1N), 1992 VW Eurovan Westfalia Hightop
Long ago - 1969 VW Westfalia & 1973 GMC Motorhome
ks@yvr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2023, 06:11 PM   #3
Bronze Member

Your batteries are lithium and they’re located under the couch at the back.
The battery tray under the hood is no longer used for a battery and you cannot use it for one. Many folks put tools or hoses or other outside gear that can withstand the heat in that tray.
If you don’t have a manual, you can download one from the PW website along with the brochure (different sections of the website). You should also join the PW Owners group on groups.io with other owners that know your exact rig.

Cheers,
BL

Quote:
Originally Posted by mannella View Post
I have a 2017 pleasure way Mercedes sprinter and would like to know where the solar batteries are located, and why is there a spot for an other battery in the engine bay, but there is not one there?
bl_smith25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2023, 10:00 PM   #4
Platinum Member

Oops, I was reading about an 07 PW immediately before I answered and missed the fact it was a 17. Thanks BL for correcting my info.

Ken
ks@yvr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2023, 03:21 PM   #5
Platinum Member

This screen shot is a part of the 2024 Sprinter Build and Price web site. An underhood and below passenger seat battery are still options.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Screenshot (204).jpg (119.6 KB, 9 views)
Old 10-15-2023, 04:27 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by bl_smith25 View Post
Your batteries are lithium and they’re located under the couch at the back.
The battery tray under the hood is no longer used for a battery and you cannot use it for one. Many folks put tools or hoses or other outside gear that can withstand the heat in that tray.
If you don’t have a manual, you can download one from the PW website along with the brochure (different sections of the website). You should also join the PW Owners group on groups.io with other owners that know your exact rig.

Cheers,
BL
the tray under my hood as cables that are rapped in tape, would this be like this from the factory?
mannella is offline   Reply With Quote