Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-19-2024, 04:06 PM   #1

Default 06190C Driver's seat adjustment?

Our driver's seat is slanted to the back. This makes my knees higher than my hips and boy is my derriere sore, especially the "sits bone". Is there a way to adjust it that I am not aware of ?

I may have to order a wedge. I did purchase a seat cushion, but it's for a car, so it's small and really not suitable for the larger square RT seat.
Old 10-19-2024, 06:04 PM   #2
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jnp1660@gmail.com View Post
Our driver's seat is slanted to the back. This makes my knees higher than my hips and boy is my derriere sore, especially the "sits bone". Is there a way to adjust it that I am not aware of ?

I may have to order a wedge. I did purchase a seat cushion, but it's for a car, so it's small and really not suitable for the larger square RT seat.

There is no tilt adjustment as it is manual moving seat except for the lumbar power adjustment of the seat back.

You might make it better by adjusting the lumbar but is likely the seat is just old and sagged.

You probably would be able to get what you need by either doing yourself or having and upholstery shop add about 2" of foam to seat bottom center.

If the tilt is still and issue, you can just put a couple of washers under the seat tracks where they bolt to the swivel pedestal. Just loosen all 4 seat to pedestal bolts and put the washer under the rear to tilt it forward. Washers under the front to tilt it back.

I was used to cars when we got out 07 190P and the armchair like seating was very uncomfortable for me as it had my legs angling down so much. If it tilts more forward you may feel like you are sliding out of it.
booster is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2024, 06:47 PM   #3
Platinum Member

The seat base on my Chev based pleasure way broke down, failed to support- I replaced just the bases ( both) with Durofoam from the seat shop ( online or amazon) they are fantastic.
this is the time to steam/ deep clean the seat covers and to clean and re-lube the bearings for the seat swivels.
with the extra tasks it is 1/2 an afternoon
mkguitar is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
seat adjustment