Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-13-2024, 05:59 PM   #1

Default 1994 Coachmen

Hello,
I’m from the Midwest. Grew up camping, fishing, riding in the back of a pick up truck going “to town”. Traveled across the US in a class C with my family while I was in high school and LOVED it. As my kids are older now, I am entering a different time of my life, looking forward to a sort of traveling that fits my budget and energy. I bought a 1994 Coachmen from my parents (that they bought 10 years ago and rarely used). It was not used for several years but I have been driving it locally 1-2 per week for 3 months. New tires and a few other maintenance updates. They have comprehensive maintenance records passed down from the previous owner but have been unable to find it. I do not know much about this vehicle and have difficulty researching replacement parts or equipment.
I’m looking forward to small trips this next year and eventually, 2-4 weeks of slow travel.
I have driven a 6 berth motorhome across Europe and borrowed/rented RV’s here in the US. This is the first time I’ve owned an RV (and the first time I am responsible for everything).

My fun, spontaneous, youthful “we will deal with it when it happens” attitude has slowly evolved (or devolved) as I have aged. I am more interested in being an informed, prepared, and competent RV owner and came to this forum to learn.

Specifically, I want to
1. Understand electric, gas, and wiring options and how/when it works best
2. Prepare for solo travel & possible issues (breakdown, loss of power, etc)
3. How to make the most of what I have and avoid unnecessary repairs, updates
4. Learn more about this RV
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_9158.jpg (290.7 KB, 4 views)
3underthecorktree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2024, 10:24 PM   #2
Platinum Member

Welcome to Class B Forum!

Sounds like you're off to a great start, as I look forward to reading your post to fellow.
Dogman is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
1994, coachmen