Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-09-2024, 01:15 AM   #1

Default Carado Banff parts

Hi folks,
I just bought a 2018 that's on the Ram pro Master 2500 chassis. It's a fixer upper- was stolen and partly disassembled inside. I need cabinet and overhead doors and most all the electricals from cabin batteries to lights and controls. Do you where I can buy these parts?
Much appreciated!!
Deano
Colorado
Carado Colorado is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2024, 03:10 AM   #2
Platinum Member

I assume that you are aware that it is a Hymer orphan. No one carries the particular parts, though most are available on Amazon or eBay.

As far as the electrical system, it is a Roadtrek system, but I think it would make more sense to re-do it with a more "off the shelf" lithium system or switch to an AGM system.

There is a Facebook page for the owners of Carado models and they have likely answered the question of which parts can be located. The cabinetry is really a very low quality. I would replace it all if you can. There are a number of smaller van conversion companies in Colorado that could possibly help you with making what you need.

Colorado Camper up in Loveland might be one to ask. They did a very nice job converting a small Promaster 1500 for me. They have a lithium system they install. (though I just put in 2 AGMs, 2000w inverter, and 200w solar)
2011 LTV Libero
2004 GWV Classic Supreme
mumkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2024, 12:40 AM   #3

I second joining the Carado and Sunlight forum on Facebook. Lots of good info there. When Hymer went bankrupt in Canada their inventory of parts and vehicles were sold at auction. I was able to purchase 3 of the Truma Combi units but did not look for other items. You may have some luck looking in the Canadian classifieds or forums for parts. I am sure there is stuff around looking for a home.
We have owned a Banff for the last couple of years (as well as quite a few class B's over the years) and it has been a good RV. Maybe not a high end interior but it but has held up great including the cabinets. I second that if you are missing your battery system parts it's probably better and easier to add a newer system. Less trouble in the long run.
Sounds like a fun project!
Intruder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2024, 04:51 PM   #4

Default Carado Parts

Thanks Mumkin & Intruder.
I'm not on FB but my wife is so we'll look into that forum.
I just reached out to Thor who bought Hymer operations here and in Canada where the van was built-which has closed- and they have nothing. I was hoping at least for a wiring diagram. I would be great if I could at least have something like that or pictures to avoid the long process of tracing out wires.
Carado Colorado is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 04:22 AM   #5

Here is a pic of the Banff wiring . Hopefully I can get it loaded.
Attached Images
File Type: jpeg Image 4.jpeg (78.1 KB, 7 views)
Intruder is offline   Reply With Quote