Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-30-2024, 05:51 PM   #61
Platinum Member

[QUOTE=Sensfan;153649]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Urlauber View Post
Yes, absolutely. I have been considering this, as the fridge is the main energy consumer.

This question clearly indicates my lack of knowledge around the subject ... lol.

Where would I plug the Norcold three pronged male plug into the JUPITEK? When I look at the JUPITEK diagram, there appears to be a complimentary AC female, however the DC receptacle appears to be cylindrical.
Not sure about your specific refrigerator model. If it runs on 110V, as your post seems to indicate, then yes, you plug it into the AC port and turn on the inverter on the Jupitek.

My Vitrifrigo runs on either AC or DC, but it is wired into DC as this does not require running the inverter and therefore is more efficient.

If your Norcold also runs on DC you can connect the appropriate wires (not the 110v cable!) to the DC out port, either the round 2.5mm or cigarette lighter port, with some splicing and dicing.

Why DC and not AC? AC requires the inverter to run, which uses somewhere around 20W, which doesn't sound like much until you multiply it by 24 hours per day and realize that it eats up almost half of the capacity of your power station.
Old 04-30-2024, 06:36 PM   #62
Platinum Member

Thanks Booster.
Sensfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2024, 06:40 PM   #63
Platinum Member

Thanks Urlauber
Sensfan is offline   Reply With Quote