Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-24-2024, 05:50 PM   #1

Default Lithium Batteries Not Charging

Hello,

I have 4-200 amp lithium batteries that I can't get to turn on or charge. It was not driven for a while and not hooked up to shore power. I have tried to drive it to charge off the alternator, I have tried the 3 /30 second reset sequence on each battery, and now have it hooked up to 20 amp shore power. I still can't get any of the batteries to respond. This has never happened before. Is there something else I can try?? I am a couple hundred miles from any RT Service location.

Thanks so much!!

Sandy Platt
sgpla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2024, 10:36 PM   #2
Platinum Member

Have you/can you measure the voltage? If ZERO, there is a technique to get them to charge. I did this when I purposely drove mine to AERO after installation. You will need to have access.

Rather than explain - I'll let the "Professor" at HOBO TECH tell how and what works:

Now I keep a double end (sharpend) carpenters pencil onboard.
Your mileage may varry! Best of luck.

Cheers - Jim
phantomjock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2024, 11:08 PM   #3
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgpla View Post
Hello,

I have 4-200 amp lithium batteries that I can't get to turn on or charge. It was not driven for a while and not hooked up to shore power. I have tried to drive it to charge off the alternator, I have tried the 3 /30 second reset sequence on each battery, and now have it hooked up to 20 amp shore power. I still can't get any of the batteries to respond. This has never happened before. Is there something else I can try?? I am a couple hundred miles from any RT Service location.

Thanks so much!!

Sandy Platt

It appears you have a Roadtrek with 4 of the Ecotrek modules. From what we have heard, there are several very specific and kind of odd methods to get them to reactivate once they are off. Hopefully an Ecotrek owner will chime in on what the best steps are. I think it is fairly common of an occurrence on Roadtreks, so probably good to learn before you are way out in the boonies with the van. If nobody here can help there are, I think, specific Roadtrek even by model groups on Facebook the probably could help.
booster is offline   Reply With Quote