Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-21-2024, 08:44 PM   #1
Platinum Member

Default A new Vegatouch mystery: Propane reading

Just filled our propane tank. No problem, and the system is working fine. I realize you limit the fill to about 80%.

The unusual thing is this: The Vegatouch screen in the van reads 74% while the Vegatouch app on my phone reads 100%. I tried unpairing and repairing the app. Also deleted the app (iPhone) and reinstalled it.

Any suggestions?
JonMN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2024, 10:02 PM   #2
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonMN View Post
Just filled our propane tank. No problem, and the system is working fine. I realize you limit the fill to about 80%.

The unusual thing is this: The Vegatouch screen in the van reads 74% while the Vegatouch app on my phone reads 100%. I tried unpairing and repairing the app. Also deleted the app (iPhone) and reinstalled it.

Any suggestions?

It is probably all in how they look at the fill in the tank. There are two ways to to do it and no real standard as to what is correct.

It would be common for any separate gauge or app that looks at the signal from the internal float to read the same as the analog gauge on the tank and many do that, but many more are calibrated so that when the tank if "full" at the gauge reading of 80% the set to 100% as that is the "full usable".

When I setup the Seelevel gauges after install in our van it gave the choice of which way to do it, and I chose 100% at full point where the OPD tripped off the filling. It is really 80% on the gauge of full volume of the tank.
booster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2024, 01:19 PM   #3
Platinum Member

Thanks Booster! I might check with the Firefly integration team, although they are really slow to reply (if ever). In my mind, I would think the Vegatouch system in the van would be in control and the iPhone App should be getting readings from the G12 in the van. But I think the App goes through the cloud first, so perhaps there is a glitch in the cloud readings. Anyway, not a big deal, just a minor annoyance.
Old 09-22-2024, 05:46 PM   #4
Platinum Member

OK, I sent a note to Firefly and all of a sudden it's in sync! Not sure if they did anything or it was just a random event, but the timing is funny.