Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-04-2024, 05:41 PM   #1

Default 2005 Pleasure Way

I have a 2005 Pleasure Way E350 Super Duty, my problem is my 80amp breaker keeps tripping , I installed new breaker ,same problem. Contacted Pleasure Way for wiring diagram flat out NO.Anyways does anyone out there have a wiring diagram or any idea?
mountainlion68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2024, 12:30 AM   #2
Platinum Member

I am open to being proven wrong but my bet is no Pleasure Way has an 80 amp 120 volt breaker. Thirty amp I can believe.

Turn all breakers off then turn the 30 amp breaker on. If it still pops then get a volt-ammeter and look for a short to ground. Should not be hard to find. If it does not pop then turn the others on one at a time and find the guilty circuit.
hbn7hj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2024, 05:42 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by hbn7hj View Post
I am open to being proven wrong but my bet is no Pleasure Way has an 80 amp 120 volt breaker. Thirty amp I can believe.

Turn all breakers off then turn the 30 amp breaker on. If it still pops then get a volt-ammeter and look for a short to ground. Should not be hard to find. If it does not pop then turn the others on one at a time and find the guilty circuit.
Pleasureway calls it the charge line breaker. Its on the 12V DC side. I'm guessing its between the battery and the charging sources.
Uncle_Rico is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2024, 12:53 AM   #4
Platinum Member

Remove the negative lead to the battery, close the breaker. What happens?
hbn7hj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2024, 04:32 PM   #5
Platinum Member

[QUOTE=hbn7hj;153194]I am open to being proven wrong but my bet is no Pleasure Way has an 80 amp 120 volt breaker. Thirty amp I can believe.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg RV Electric think 07.jpg (65.5 KB, 16 views)
ChicagoTom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2024, 04:33 PM   #6
Platinum Member

80 amp charge line
Old 04-12-2024, 04:35 PM   #7
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mountainlion68 View Post
I have a 2005 Pleasure Way E350 Super Duty, my problem is my 80amp breaker keeps tripping , I installed new breaker ,same problem. Contacted Pleasure Way for wiring diagram flat out NO.Anyways does anyone out there have a wiring diagram or any idea?
This may help
Attached Images
File Type: jpg RV electric schematic general.jpg (297.9 KB, 18 views)
Old 04-12-2024, 11:33 PM   #8
Platinum Member

I suspect there is a short somewhere. Likely at an unprotected terminal such as the coach battery master switch has. If something like a table knife has fallen behind the cabinet wall it may have come into contact with that unprotected terminal.
Peder_y2k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2024, 12:45 AM   #9
Platinum Member

If you just recently changed changed from wet cell batteries to AGM or lithium, you could be looking at the issue of increased acceptance of the batteries. The wet cells might accept 70 amps and AGM 100amps and lithium 200 amps so the change would trip your breaker. The only cure is to get some kind of current limiting or bigger wiring and breaker if that is the case.

I would get a relatively inexpensive clamp on ammeter and check the current in the line before looking for other issues. It could just be a bad breaker also, as the less expensive ones fail pretty often and are often not very accurate too.
booster is online now   Reply With Quote