Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-12-2024, 01:14 AM   #1
Silver Member

Default suburban water heater SW6D inlet/outlet valves

I have a 2006 RT popular 190. Just prior to purchasing the van, the water heater failed and the seller replaced it. I've recently realized that the new van has valves that go between the inlet/outlet and the PEX. I would like to have those valves, but I've not been able to find them. What is the part number?
Attached Images
File Type: png Screenshot 2024-09-11 18.13.12.png (251.1 KB, 7 views)
sbslider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2024, 01:29 AM   #2
Bronze Member

Should be just a common valve available at lowes or home depot. Just look for a 1/2 inch pex valve.
billn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2024, 01:38 AM   #3
Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by billn View Post
Should be just a common valve available at lowes or home depot. Just look for a 1/2 inch pex valve.
Hmm, well I can't say you're wrong, but I would have guessed that the connection to the water heater is threaded, not PEX. the space I have between the water heater and the rest of the pex lines is pretty small, so I was imagining the valve would screw right into the water heater, then have a pex or sharkbite connection on the other side.

Maybe I'm wrong . . .
Old 09-12-2024, 01:45 AM   #4
Platinum Member

The ports to the water heater are threaded. Probably 1/2" NPT pipe thread. The rest would be pex. Just search the water heater part number for the spec sheet and it should give the port thread size.

They are plain old potable water 1/4 turn ball valves that you can get online or at many home centers.
booster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2024, 11:26 PM   #5
Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by booster View Post
The ports to the water heater are threaded. Probably 1/2" NPT pipe thread. The rest would be pex. Just search the water heater part number for the spec sheet and it should give the port thread size.

They are plain old potable water 1/4 turn ball valves that you can get online or at many home centers.
good idea, teach a man to fish and he's able to do it himself.

1/2" male pipe thread (MPT) to PEX is fairly common, but I have yet to find one that looks like what I see for the one valve near my water heater which has a shorter, plastic handle.
Old 09-12-2024, 11:42 PM   #6
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbslider View Post
good idea, teach a man to fish and he's able to do it himself.

1/2" male pipe thread (MPT) to PEX is fairly common, but I have yet to find one that looks like what I see for the one valve near my water heater which has a shorter, plastic handle.

I replaced all of ours on our 07 Roadtrek 190P for the water heater and the tank fill valve.

I found the same style online at a bunch of sellers for pex fittings. I think I used someplace named pexonline or such. Google should be able to find a source for you.
booster is offline   Reply With Quote