Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-11-2024, 11:05 PM   #1

Default Replacing a Sanyo Microwave mounted on top of a closet - Pleasure Way

Hello!
Newbie here. We have a 2000 Pleasure Way Excel that we purchased three years ago with only 10k on it (yes, it's true!) It's proven reliable and is showroom condition, but the Sanyo microwave is dying. Five minutes to get oatmeal hot is way too long. I've tried to figure out how the thing is mounted on top of the closet; it appears that perhaps the top of the closet (affixed with four L clamps and screws underneath) has to come off to enable dismounting the microwave, which appears to have mounting screws only accessible after taking the cover off (which is four screws, inaccessible due to the proximity to the wall).

Anyone had to do this? I really don't want to scratch and bump this pristine interior, and (at first) it seems so simple.

Thanks!
denismenis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2024, 07:55 PM   #2

Default microwave

I would call Pleasure way in Saskatoon. Customer service. I own a PW and they are always helpful, especially for troubleshooting..
Calsun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2024, 09:16 PM   #3

Default Solved, thanks!

I emailed Pleasure Way and got a prompt response; the screws under the top of the closet are cleverly concealed with caps, and aren't where you'd think, as they put screws in "safe" areas of the microwave. The conversation continued as to microwave performance; a 700 watt microwave will not heat like one in your house, so test it with comparable (which I did). Wattage in small RV's are due to overall draw, and my Sanyo performed the same as a new one, so get used to it... lol
denismenis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2024, 07:43 PM   #4
Platinum Member

I replaced my PW microwave with the unit below ( although some like to get a convection)

once off I used paper to make a template of the screw holes and transferred to new MW, ensuring the positioning would give good ventilation.

drilled a pilot holes and installed it.

my Lexor had very limited space available- the MW fits and works well it is 700 watts which is a good load ( about 6 amps) for the wiring and the breakers in the van.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
mkguitar is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
excel, microwave, pleasureway, replace