Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-13-2024, 08:40 PM   #1

Question Over cab bubble window replacement 1990 Ford

Hey everyone, I made a hasty turn into a parking lot whose trees did not offer the clearance I needed for my van. Long story short I busted out the passenger side bubble window above the cab of my 1990 ford falcon. I have been all over my local area to dealerships, auto body shops, pick and pulls, glass fabricators, RV repair shops, plastics fabricators and every other place I could think of. Its been almost a year and i haven't had any luck. With the wet season around the corner i'm getting desperate for help!
unclerico is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2024, 08:52 PM   #2
Platinum Member

If it were me, I'd delete them. Pull them out and fiberglass the holes closed. Problem solved. Fiberglassing is easy.
The Eyesore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2024, 08:54 PM   #3

fiberglassing is easy!?

i mean they probably sell the stuff at home depot and there's probably a you tube video right?
unclerico is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2024, 08:55 PM   #4
Platinum Member

They sell it at home depot as well as auto parts stores. There are definitely videos. If you're not handy, maybe hire someone from Craigslist.
Old 09-13-2024, 08:58 PM   #5
Platinum Member

Old 09-13-2024, 11:27 PM   #6
Platinum Member

Call Hoosier Custom Cruisers in Elkhart Indiana. They have a website.

The folks that made Intervec Falcons and Horizons started Phoenix Cruiser making Cs instead of Bs. They sold Phoenix Cruiser to another group in about 2020 and now make custom Class Cs.

There is a guy there (or was) named Earl that is one of the founders of the company. I bet he would know or know someone that could tell you if there was any source for a replacement window for your Falcon. When they started Hoosier I noted on their website that most of the old gang from PC and some from Intervec were on board. Lots of experience and knowledge with those folks for lots of years.

My knowledge of all this is because we had an Intervec Horizon for years and later bought a Phoenix Cruiser. They were both small companies owned by the folks running them. Earl was sales manager for PC and might confirm if or if not there was any source for one of those windows. I think (?) he had also been at Intervec.

We loved our Intervec. Back after the financial debacle of 2008 the government had a program to buy any old vehicle for (???) I think for $4000 regardless of condition if you were buying a new vehicle. I saw a Falcon on the local Honda dealer's lot and asked them about it. They said it had been traded in under this program and they couldn't reverse the deal. The paperwork had already gone through.

I wanted to buy it and part it out for Intervec owners or restore it for our own use. We loved that B. I have forgotten all the details but the dealer allowed me to go through the Falcon and I was really nostalgic with memories of 25 years earlier when we bought our new Horizon.

Just a thought and maybe not a good one, but a quick call to Earl or one of the other old timers at Hoosier might prove interesting about your bubble window.
Doneworking is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
1990 ford, bubble window, ford econoline, ford falcon, window replacement