Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-13-2024, 11:02 PM   #1

Default wiring schematic for 2016 Roadtrek Adventurous CS ecotrek

Hi all,

My 2016 ecotrek, no propane, works fine from shore power, solar, and batteries hold their charge well. But my UHG just stopped sending a charge to batteries. This is problematic for boondocking for longer than three days.
I called the Balmar regulator offices, and the tech said that one code was ominous, the BV (battery voltage) reads 000, which he said means the battery voltage sensor wire is probably loose, or mice damage, and the Balmar appeares to be operational, but the regulator will not allow any charging to go to the batteries with that reading. (The UHG is working)
I'm trying to follow the sensor wire ( he notes as thered wire off terminal 9 on the Balmar) to see if can be tightened/replaced, but the van shop I took it to has no idea where it goes after it disappears from the Balmar and heads behind the firewall.

Does anyone know where this battery sensor wire runs, or does anyone have wiring diagram for this 2916 Ecotrek van?

Thanks in advance,
Geoff
geoff@ltol.com is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2024, 06:18 PM   #2

Hello. Being in CA you may try to call Beaver Motors for some phone support, they are the go to RT electrical shop in this area PA). I had my sensing wire replaced for a different issue. I have some diagrams saved that I am looking for. Ask for RT service 1 (570) 658-0100
Alan19067 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2024, 08:34 PM   #3

Default Wiring Diagram

Hello. This is a diagram from K2S I received some when working with RT on a CS Adventrous.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf KS2-LFP200-VEHICLE WIRING A7.pdf (255.2 KB, 21 views)
Old 09-09-2024, 05:00 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan19067 View Post
Hello. This is a diagram from K2S I received some when working with RT on a CS Adventrous.
Hi,
According the schematic (PDF), the batteries always get charged whenever there is DC power sources, am I correct?
Turning on the discharge will provide power to the loads.
thanks.
nguyenmman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2024, 07:16 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by nguyenmman View Post
Hi,
According the schematic (PDF), the batteries always get charged whenever there is DC power sources, am I correct?
Turning on the discharge will provide power to the loads.
thanks.
Hello. Charging the power module(s) (EcoTrek 200 on the drawing) occurs during three conditions when the module is switched on and module’s BMS (battery management system) permits (for example when a module is under 13.7v). 1. From the underhood generator (engine running). 2. Solar. 3. Inverter (plugged into shore power). This is my understanding and I was told power module (lithium battery) is used to differentiate from the coach lead acid battery, hope this helps