Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-07-2006, 03:32 AM   #1
Ron
Platinum Member

Default Re: Emergency Road Service

There have been many discussions on other Class B forums recently concerning AAA Emergency Road Service, and how Class B folks have been disappointed with AAA, some folks when in need of E-R-S from AAA have been turned down.

Received the following information today, 11/06/2006 from Good Sam Emergency Road Service, thought I would post, it reads as follows:

Hello Mr. Cabral,

Thank you for contacting the Good Sam Emergency Road Service regarding our renewal rate. Our service provides coverage for your RV and all household vehicles. This includes coverage in the US, Canada, and Mexico for unlimited mileage towing to the nearest professional repair facility, delivery of fuel, flat tire change, lock-out service, battery jump-start, as well as Travel Delay Assistance incase of a collision with another vehicle. The rate of $99.95 provides these benefits as well as coverage for any children between the ages of 16-25. Your first year joining you will receive $20.00 off of the renewal rate, which will be $79.95 for one year enrolling. We value our customers, and our goal is to provide them with the best services.

I have requested a Benefit Handbook for you, so that you can compare coverage with the other service. You may expect this within 10 business days.

We hope that you find this information helpful. Should you need further assistance or have any other questions, please contact us at ers@goodsamclub.com or 1-800-234-3450 Monday through Friday 5:30 AM to 7:30 PM, and Saturday 7:00 AM to 5:00 PM, Mountain Time.

Thank you for your interest in the membership.

Sincerely,

Laneise Walker

Good Sam Club

[/b]
FMCA:303873 ~K1RRC~ RRRCRT@aol.com
Ron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2006, 12:08 PM   #2

From what I read all over the RV community, Good Sam and Coachnet give the best service.
Happy Trails. Penny
lakeconroepenny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2007, 11:56 PM   #3
Platinum Member

Default ERS Choices

I have had both, but now carry only GS ERS. They definitely respond promptly - and take you wherever you need to go for excellent repairs. To me, positive action is worth the funds expended. Ron
Old 01-11-2007, 12:48 AM   #4

Had Good Sam Road coverage for yeaars and wouldn't be without it
Old 09-01-2009, 09:55 PM   #5
Platinum Member

Location: Sarnialabad, The Newly Elected People's Republic of Canuckistan

I'm thinking I'm going with GS ERS this year, after speaking with a rep on the phone
just over a week ago. He was courteous and explained the deal in detail. US$79 / year.
I also got my renewal for CAA RV Plus and it's C$168.00 for a year.
I've reread the comments on this thread, and others, and was wondering if anyone has had any
reason to recant their comments?
Anyone had a problem with Good Sam, since this topic was last visited?

Just wondering, if anyone has any new "cons" about GS ERS.
The "pros" seem apparent, mostly price.

Thanks,
Mike.
Old 09-02-2009, 04:03 AM   #6

Over the past 12 years of RV travel We have used Good Sam ERS 4 times and in each case the call was answered promptly ,the repairman arrived when the dispatcher said he would. Walt
thedoodaa2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2009, 03:17 AM   #7
Platinum Member

I'm probably going to go with them. My only other question is their
area coverage, like do they have service in all 48 lower States and 10 Provinces and Mexico?

I can't really find anything negative about them. Can't beat the price anywhere that I can see.
Old 09-04-2009, 03:55 AM   #8
Platinum Member

I had them for years, but recently wanted to try Coach-Net. Let me say I wanted to try someone else for comparison. During the time that I had GS ERS, I have to say they were a solid organization to deal with. Ironic, but you know they have the $79.95 when you join and then $99.95 when you renew - I joined, at time of renewal my wife sent it in and they put it in her name (yeah, 79.95), I did it next - they gave it again at $79.95. I even called to explain....their reply was to be careful on the road and hopefully we wouldn't need a tow or anything. They definitely have our vote of confidence!!!
Old 09-06-2009, 11:41 PM   #9
Platinum Member

Send a message via Yahoo to julievojo

I just switched from AAA+ RV to Good Sam. AAA was $153 to renew, I think I paid $109 for the Good Sam. I like the idea of their RV techs being available to call for help and the concierge service sounds like it could be helpful too - if we're looking for a place to stay. Hopefully we won't need it for anything else......

We're heading out on a 3 week cruise later this month. I hope our membership stuff comes before we go!
Old 09-07-2009, 09:04 PM   #10
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by julievojo
We're heading out on a 3 week cruise later this month. I hope our membership stuff comes before we go!
We've also applied for the less expensive GS ERS (US$89 for non-members?), and are heading out later this month.
Anyone know how long it took for them to send the acknowledgment emails after you apply online?
Not as worried about the kit, as the GS fella I spoke to last month said we 'd get an account number that we
could use if we needed service.

UPDATE: I called GS ERS today to find out if there was a problem with my membership - it appears I transposed a
number in the online application, and my cc was rejected. Fixed over the phone with an agent who said it happens
all the time. I think he was just trying to make me feel "less stupid".
He echoed the website saying the "package" should take about 3-4 weeks to arrive in the mail, but he gave me a
member number over the phone in case I need to call for service.
So far, so good?