Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-25-2006, 07:03 PM   #1
Platinum Member

Send a message via Yahoo to julievojo
Default Julie & Chino's Pleasureway Modifications

Re: Ron's post - Laptop Workstation Swivel Table

We've done something similar in our B, using an industrial goosneck that we purchased off Ebay. It's attached to the cowling with U shaped clamps. The metal laptop table was also purchased from Ebay, it had the ball joint attachment. This allows us to tilt the laptop to any angle. With the gooseneck attachment we can also move the entire unit out of the way. That makes it much easier for our old creaky bones to get in and out of the cab seats. It also makes a handy snack table.

We have a tablet PC that we use in the RV. It's hooked up to a GPS unit and also has a wireless broadband internet connection through Verizon Wireless. This allows us internet access on the road. The coverage is really pretty good and seems to be improving quickly.

Our new toy in the RV is a webcam that's attached to our GPS. Chino wrote a software program that allows people to log in to our website and track where we are and see a live video feed from the webcam as we head on down the highway. We had fun with it while in the Grand Tetons this past fall. We had friends from Australia and Malaysia viewing our live webcam as we drove through the National Parks.

Here's a few pictures:

Old 12-07-2006, 09:36 PM   #2
Bronze Member

I see that you got the computer mount on eBay,b ut is that something that I could find someplace else. Or are these items commonly on eBay?

https://www.waskomtexas.com
Rolacoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2006, 01:31 AM   #3
Platinum Member

You might have seen Ron's Laptop Swivel Workstation Table here:

http://classbforum.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=155

and I took a quick look on eBay and there are lots. Some are very expensive.

Here's an eBay store that looks promising:

http://stores.ebay.com/MOBILE-LAPTOP-MOUNT

Maybe Julie will stop by here soon and tell you the brand of hers.
markopolo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2006, 03:43 AM   #4
Platinum Member

If it ever warms up again, I'll go outside and look to see if there is a brand name on the table somewhere.

The gooseneck thing was hard to find anywhere, we were lucky enough to pick up 2 of them on Ebay - so we have a spare in case this one breaks down. We found it listed under "industrial machining supplies". If you do a Google search on that topic you may be able to find something similar. These are nice though, they are very heavy duty and have no problem holding up the table and tablet PC.

The latptop tables are easier to find. Many places sell them online. My BIL bought one at Best Buy. I've also seen them in office supply stores like Office Max or Staples.
Old 12-08-2006, 12:40 PM   #5
Bronze Member

I have searched all aroung the internet and did find anything that looked like it would work as well as the gooseneck that you have. I had in mind mounting my computer in such a way that it would move into a "comfortable" position in front of the passenger. It would also move up next to the dash over the engine compartment to allow easy movement from the seats to the back of the motorhome. The gooseneck that you have used seems to be able to do just that.

Old 12-09-2006, 02:34 AM   #6
Platinum Member

Found some! Here is the link:

http://www.flexible-gooseneck.com/

We're supposed to be out of the deep freezer tomorrow. I'll try to remember to go look at that table to see if there is a manufacturer's name on it.

Julie
Old 12-09-2006, 12:01 PM   #7
Bronze Member

Thanks for your help.

Old 12-12-2006, 02:16 AM   #8
Platinum Member

You're welcome! I finally got outside to look. There is no brand name on the bottom of the laptop table. Chino doesn't remember if there was any label on it when he got it or not.

Do look for one with the ball joint connection on the bottom. This allows you to tilt your laptop to just about any angle - very handy when the sun is shining in.

The gooseneck allows us to push the whole thing up against the dash and get it mostly out of our way when climbing in and out of the cab seats.