Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-04-2015, 12:40 AM   #21
Site Team

How to embed a link in text
  • Type text into the reply editor
  • Next highlight the text you want to become a link and select the link tool on the editor box (looks like 2 chain links).
  • A link editor will pop up and you can add the url of the target page. Click OK
  • Don't forget to click "save" once your post is ready.

classb_link.jpg

Janet H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2015, 12:40 AM   #22
Site Team

Ignore feature

You can place other forum members on an ignore list so that you can't read their posts and they cannot use the PM system to contact you.

To do this:
  • Click on 'usercp' on the upper blue nav bar.
  • Find "settings & Options" on the left side menu and select "edit ignore list"
This is useful for those members that really push your buttons, or whos' posts consistently annoy the heck out you (or if your ex posts here)

If you have a problem with another members posting style we strongly encourage you to use the ignore feature. As always, if you feel a post is inappropriate, use the report post button to report it to site staff.

Old 06-04-2015, 12:41 AM   #23
Site Team

Adding tags to new threads

Have you noticed the Tag field at the bottom of each thread? (hint: look at the bottom of this thread)

Tags can be added by the thread starter and can be useful for filtering topics and sorting content in a more granular way.

What are tags?

Tags are a useful way to search for threads with similar subject matter and content. This compliments the normal search system, which searches only for certain words or phrases and/or posts by specific users.

Who adds the tags?
Tags are initially added to threads by the member who starts a thread. Add words or phrases to threads to help describe the content to the tag field when starting a new topic. For instance, if the subject matter is 'photography' then you can add the tag 'photography' to the tag list. But you could also add tags like 'digital image', and 'camera' (depending, of course, on the nature of the thread). This will categorize this thread with all other threads that have matching tags, whether or not they have the word 'photography' in them.

How to use tags to find content?
Tags are displayed in a box near the bottom of a thread page. Clicking on a tag will allow you to view other threads that have the same tag - and which may be related. Clicking on the word 'Tags' in the top of the box will take you to an overview page with a 'tag cloud.' This cloud allows you to see which tags are the most popular - the larger the word, the more times it has been used on threads within the board. There is also another tag cloud on the advanced search page that shows you the tags that have been searched for (or clicked on) the most.

Old 06-04-2015, 12:42 AM   #24
Site Team

Photo Albums

Forum members can set up photo albums. Images may be public or private and can be managed and edited indefinitely by each member. You can access your albums or set up a new album from your user CP. Look for the link to Pictures and Albums.

Consider setting up more than one album. Here's an example: albums

Old 06-04-2015, 03:41 PM   #25
Platinum Member

I have setup a shortcut on the pc to go directly to the "todays posts" and saved the cookie for it in CCcleaner so it doesn't go away. Same as I had in the old format.

Is there a way to have the "todays post" appear in descending time order, like the old "new posts" did. As the todays posts gets longer, it gets harder to pick out what you haven't read and want to, from the haven't read and don't want to.
booster is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2015, 04:32 PM   #26
Platinum Member

I just go to the Class B Forum here and click on "New Posts". Then the new posts will be at the top of the listings with the most recent posted to thread at the top. These are threads that have been posted to since your last visit to the forum.

Next, see the tiny little triangle just ahead of the thread title? Click on that and it will take you to the first new posting in the thread you haven't read no matter how many messages in the thread.

Once you have read a thread, the thread title disappears from your New Posts listings. Also note that right after the new posts, if you did not bother to read them on your last visit there is this listing:

"The threads below have not been updated since your last visit but still contain unread posts."

So, when you visit this forum and get distracted or don't have enough time to read everything you can always go back and catch up. They are all there listed so you don't have to check under each individual forum. I find it the easiest way to navigate and unlike a lot of forums, it doesn't assume you read everything each time you visit.
2011 Great West Van Legend Sprinter
2005 Pleasure-way Plateau TS Sprinter
Davydd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2015, 06:12 PM   #27
Site Team

I, too, use the "New Posts" link. But, when I am done with everything I am interested in, I go to "Quick Links" and select "Mark Forums Read". That way, next time I go to "New Posts" I usually have a short list.

As for photos, at other vBulletin sites, I try to remember to download all my photos to an album and then simply link to them in the text body. I find this a good way to get organized, and all my photos are kept in one place, which is good for reuse.
avanti is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2015, 06:35 PM   #28
Site Team

Regarding reading posts... note that thread titles that you have already read (and have no new posts) will display as not bolded. Threads you have not read or that have new posts since your last visit will be bolded in lists.

There is an option in your user settings to change up the display order of posts IN threads, btw. You can change this to display the latest content in a thread at the top rather than the bottom. Some folks prefer this because no scrolling is required. remember anytime you change your account settings to scroll down and click save.

Old 03-22-2016, 06:27 PM   #29
Site Team

About the new thanks button:

The Thanks button is a nice way to show agreement or appreciation for a good post.

Each time you click the thumbs up icon (located in each post), you have the opportunity to leave a comment which the post author can read.

You can access your own thanks comments in your user cp (click on user cp on the upper nav bar) and the last 30 or so will be displayed in the center section of the page under "Latest Thanks received" You can also see stats about how many times you've been thanked.

When you have been thanked you will receive a PM notification containing a link to the details of the comment. If you do not wish to receive this notification you may disable that option in your user cp. >User cp >>edit options >>> Messaging & Notification. be sure to scroll and click save.

Spread the good vibe around, show your appreciation for a good post - give a little thanks

Old 06-10-2016, 02:26 PM   #30
Platinum Member

Question for the posting gurus. Is there a method to get a multipage PDF file to appear inline, like we can do pictures we have downloaded to the site. It is kind of a PITA for folks to have to download the PDF from the site, and then open it with a PDF reader, just to see what is in it. My only thought would be to save the pages individually as JPG pictures and then put them inline.
Old 06-10-2016, 03:17 PM   #31
Site Team

No, but it's good idea. You would need to load the pdf as an attachment and others woud have to click to download or view in a new tab.

Old 06-10-2016, 04:25 PM   #32
Platinum Member

Thanks Janet, for now maybe I will change them to jpg and put them in as pictures so they are visible in the post.
Old 06-11-2016, 02:41 AM   #33
Platinum Member

The forum would need a plugin, vbulletin cannot do it natively.

If you posted it on some document sharing site they would have a link to share the document inline.
Bruceper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2016, 12:59 PM   #34
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruceper View Post
The forum would need a plugin, vbulletin cannot do it natively.

If you posted it on some document sharing site they would have a link to share the document inline.
Thanks, Bruce. Do you have a preferred document hosting site that you use/
Old 06-11-2016, 01:33 PM   #35
Platinum Member

I've used Dropbox for PDFs accessible by anyone from a public folder.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/oi1n4y0qga...orial.pdf?dl=0
Old 06-11-2016, 01:43 PM   #36
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Davydd View Post
I've used Dropbox for PDFs accessible by anyone from a public folder.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/oi1n4y0qga...orial.pdf?dl=0
You must need to sign up for Dropbox as that link just gives a sign in screen.

I did put the documents on Google drive, and could get a link onto the forum, but it still doesn't show the document inline, which is what I am really looking for, like pictures can be done. Marginally better than uploading the doc to the forum and linking it as it opens immediately off the link, instead of clicking link an then having to open download, but still doesn't put it in place for viewing in the post.
Old 06-11-2016, 01:46 PM   #37
Platinum Member

I don't think you need to sign in to Dropbox. You can just dismiss that popup screen.

Your Google linked worked well.
Old 06-15-2016, 03:46 PM   #38

Is there anyone on this forum?
Sharon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2016, 03:59 PM   #39
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharon View Post
Is there anyone on this forum?
Yes - do you have a question?

Old 11-27-2018, 02:27 PM   #40
Joe
Platinum Member

Send a message via AIM to Joe

First how to post pictures on site. Second, best way to block heat\sun in windows. Have heard silver reflective stuff bad for window seals??? Thanks!
Joe is offline   Reply With Quote