Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-28-2023, 01:10 AM   #21
Bronze Member

Flow-through sensors require metal valve stems. I don't know how you would use the flow-through sensors on the inner dual tire. Any valve stem extension that gives you access to the inner tire would never survive the forces generated by the sensor on a spinning wheel.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeandLaureen View Post
Thanks George.

I plan on picking up the TST 507 with the flow through sensor from TechnoRV and liked 1UP's Super Duty Double bike rack.

I'll stay on the hunt for a water filter system. Under the kitchen sink will be fine, but we'll use something like the Brita or bottled water for drinking and cooking in the mean time.

I'm in your camp with the cell boosters. Hopefully my cell phones are acceptable.

Mike
Old 07-29-2023, 11:09 AM   #22

Not sure what the issue is. I understand the physics of adding a weight to the end of the valve stem and the force as the wheel spins.

TST dealer says it is fine but recommended Wheel Masters extenders. They come in a number of angles, but not sure what the use case of a 45, 135 or 180 degree extender is.

Not sure if I need extended valves if I have a long air chuck, but I'll see once I get the Grech on Tue.
MikeandLaureen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2023, 02:16 PM   #23
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeorgeKG View Post
Flow-through sensors require metal valve stems. I don't know how you would use the flow-through sensors on the inner dual tire. Any valve stem extension that gives you access to the inner tire would never survive the forces generated by the sensor on a spinning wheel.
ARV puts a Doran system in their vans and it works with duallies with metal valve extensions so you can fill both tires easily. It works well. I have had them on three vans.
Attached Images
File Type: jpeg Alvar Dually Wheels.jpeg (329.4 KB, 19 views)
2011 Great West Van Legend Sprinter
2005 Pleasure-way Plateau TS Sprinter
Davydd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2023, 11:19 PM   #24
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Davydd View Post
ARV puts a Doran system in their vans and it works with duallies with metal valve extensions so you can fill both tires easily. It works well. I have had them on three vans.
Glad to see you've had good experiences with the Doran TPMS. What kind of metal valve extensions does ARV use for their Dually-equipped Sprinters?
Rocinante is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2023, 01:02 PM   #25
Platinum Member

I have no idea. You would have to ask ARV. I now have a 2500 Sprinter. ARV put in the Doran system but they didn’t need to. 2500s have built a built in system read off the instrument panel. The difference is you have to drive to register and read. The 3500s don’t have the built in system available.
2011 Great West Van Legend Sprinter
2005 Pleasure-way Plateau TS Sprinter
Davydd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2023, 02:06 AM   #26
Platinum Member

After watching the Grech videos, it certainly looks like their fit and finish is better than most Class B's and many of their build choices seem excellent. I now own a short (144) Sprinter and would not be interested in a longer RV. When I look closely at their 144 model though, there would be some big issues for us. It looks like they are trying to use their large bathroom which is great, but in the 144 this means that there is almost no storage space in that RV. I have no idea where we would fit clothes, dishes and food much less lawn chairs, a grill, tools, leveling blocks, etc etc etc.. There doesn't appear to be any storage under or behind the couch. They even decided not to have a headliner cabinet above the cab area which is almost free storage space. It also only has a 16 gal freshwater tank (under the van) and no spare tire despite nothing that I can see in the spare tire location. It is nice to see a company concentrating on fit and finish but i have no idea how you could travel very long in their 144.
jrobe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2023, 01:52 AM   #27
Platinum Member

Yup, well aware the 3500s don't have a built-in TPMS. On the topic of interest to me, I just had metal valve stems added to the inside rear wheels on our unit, replacing a set of rubber stems that once again managed to fail and leak. So far no leaks with the metal valve stems.
Rocinante is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2023, 01:38 PM   #28

Good Day,

As we begin our journey to purchase our first RV, we recently visited NIRVC to preview different Class B Manufacturers. After seeing the American Coach Patriot and Pleasure Way products, our salesperson directed us to the Grech models. I wanted to reach out to current owners to inquire what led to your final decision on your purchase. There are a few 2023 Grech Strada Ions left in inventory, but also are considering the 2024 model with the High Output Diesel 4 Cylinder and new quieter Gree AC. Thanks in advance for your reply.
as3369 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2023, 05:09 AM   #29

Hey new or fairly new Grech owners

How would you review Grech’s post sale customer support?

Anyone have to seek any repairs under your 3 year warranty?
Estoniankid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2023, 12:51 AM   #30

Quote:
Originally Posted by as3369 View Post
Good Day,

As we begin our journey to purchase our first RV, we recently visited NIRVC to preview different Class B Manufacturers. After seeing the American Coach Patriot and Pleasure Way products, our salesperson directed us to the Grech models. I wanted to reach out to current owners to inquire what led to your final decision on your purchase. There are a few 2023 Grech Strada Ions left in inventory, but also are considering the 2024 model with the High Output Diesel 4 Cylinder and new quieter Gree AC. Thanks in advance for your reply.
Howdy,

My wife and I have owned class A, Bigfoot fiberglass trailer and a class C RV and in the Grech Strada ion is my favorite. The comfort and ease of driving this van is second to none, and all of the seating is made with memory foam and a high quality “leather”. I do not need and do not have any propane as the battery bank fully operates the ac, cooktop, refrigerator, microwave, etc. The thermostatically controlled heater uses diesel from the van’s fuel tank. The exterior of the van is stealth like in that there are no holes/protrusions in either side: they are all hidden behind a stainless steel panel that is integrated into both sides of the van which is very attractive. Also, all of the screws that have been installed by Grech are stainless steel to help avoid corrosion. Unless I want to refill the water or dump the tanks I do not need to hook up when staying in campgrounds. Boondocking is very convenient. I could go on and on. In my opinion the Strada ion is the best choice for my wife and I.

Happiness is having a bad memory
Happy Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2023, 01:10 AM   #31

Quote:
Originally Posted by Estoniankid View Post
Hey new or fairly new Grech owners

How would you review Grech’s post sale customer support?

Anyone have to seek any repairs under your 3 year warranty?
Howdy,
We have had our Strada ion for a little over a year and have had excellent service from both the Dealer and Grech. A few days after we purchased the van I received a call from a Grech employee to verify that all had gone well with the purchase and delivery and to provide me with a number and contact person should I need any assistance with my van. For any service that I requested I have consistently been able to get an appointment within a few days of requesting one. The only warranty work that was necessary was with the refrigerator: it would not hold the refrigerant charge overnight. The Dealer made arrangements for another company to recharge it which failed the next day. Grech then overnighted a new refrigerator to the Dealer who installed it the following day. It has worked flawlessly ever since. During the time that we have owned the van we have driven it more than 15000 miles, including a trip from the east coast to the west coast in February, with no other issues. I have no doubt that if something develops that is warranty covered both the Dealer and Grech will cooperate willingly. Grech service has been the best of any vehicle that I have owned.

Old 12-14-2023, 01:26 AM   #32

Have you done any cold weather camping in the Strada? How cold did you go, and for how long? I know they don't advertise it to be all-season, but it has heating pads on the tanks and the exterior water lines are insulated, so I am wondering what it might really be capable of.

Thanks!

Darryl
ddefreese is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2023, 12:29 PM   #33

Not been in any freezing temperatures for any extended times, only short periods while driving or being connected to electric at a campground. No problems during these times. The diesel heater is great for overnight stays. Not sure how it would function for extended periods of below freezing temperatures.

Old 12-14-2023, 11:57 PM   #34

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Happy Guy View Post
Howdy,
We have had our Strada ion for a little over a year and have had excellent service from both the Dealer and Grech. A few days after we purchased the van I received a call from a Grech employee to verify that all had gone well with the purchase and delivery and to provide me with a number and contact person should I need any assistance with my van. For any service that I requested I have consistently been able to get an appointment within a few days of requesting one. The only warranty work that was necessary was with the refrigerator: it would not hold the refrigerant charge overnight. The Dealer made arrangements for another company to recharge it which failed the next day. Grech then overnighted a new refrigerator to the Dealer who installed it the following day. It has worked flawlessly ever since. During the time that we have owned the van we have driven it more than 15000 miles, including a trip from the east coast to the west coast in February, with no other issues. I have no doubt that if something develops that is warranty covered both the Dealer and Grech will cooperate willingly. Grech service has been the best of any vehicle that I have owned.
Pretty exemplary build and service!
Grech is to be commended. All manufacturers should provide this level of post sale support to the customers.

I just wish they built some models on the Transit chassis
Estoniankid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2023, 01:34 PM   #35

I have been a Ford man for many years, but I also have had a few Mercedes. There were several recalls for the Sprinter since I purchased my van. I called one Mercedes dealer to schedule an appointment: they did not return my call. No problem, I just called another Mercedes dealer and they not only scheduled an appointment at their dealership for an oil change but also sent two technicians to my home to perform the recalls. This just shows how two different car dealers operate. My opinion is just find a good dealer and stick with it. I have had positive experiences with both Ford and Mercedes, they are both good vehicles. Sure, they both can have malfunctions: just get them fixed and move on.

Old 01-25-2024, 07:43 PM   #36

Does your Grech RV have a wifi antenna?

My understanding is they use to have them but then removed them on 2024 model but I'm not sure why.

Thanks.
MysteryMachine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2024, 09:16 PM   #37
Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MysteryMachine View Post
Does your Grech RV have a wifi antenna?

My understanding is they use to have them but then removed them on 2024 model but I'm not sure why.

Thanks.
Our 2021 Strada Ion has two antennas on the roof.
#1 is for digital HDTV broadcast
#2 is for wifi/cellular
Old 01-26-2024, 05:49 AM   #38

Quote:
Our 2021 Strada Ion has two antennas on the roof.
#1 is for digital HDTV broadcast
#2 is for wifi/cellular
My 2024 does have the HDTV antenna but appears to be missing the wifi/cellular antenna.

The owner manual

How does missing the wifi/cellular antenna act as an improvement for 2024?

Do you know if there was a problem with it? For example interference or something?

How did it work, did it passively amplify the signal or was there a device you plugged it into like a router?

Any idea why the 2024 is missing this? Supply chain issue?

Thanks .
Old 01-28-2024, 05:54 PM   #39
Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MysteryMachine View Post
My 2024 does have the HDTV antenna but appears to be missing the wifi/cellular antenna.

How does missing the wifi/cellular antenna act as an improvement for 2024?

Do you know if there was a problem

How did it work, did it passively amplify the signal or was there a device you plugged it into like a router?

Any idea why the 2024 is missing this? Supply chain issue?

Thanks .
No idea why they eliminated the antenna.
Antenna, by itself, does nothing. It is intended for use with a router like this

http://cradlepoint.com/product/endpoints/ibr900/

Insufficient cost/benefit for the Cradlepoint and cellular plan, so antenna has never been used on our van.
Old 02-05-2024, 11:36 PM   #40

Quote:
No idea why they eliminated the antenna.
Antenna, by itself, does nothing. It is intended for use with a router like this

http://cradlepoint.com/product/endpoints/ibr900/

Insufficient cost/benefit for the Cradlepoint and cellular plan, so antenna has never been used on our van.
So this device is a modem that you plug in a SIM card, and it acts like a WIFI router?

Well I have heard that Grech is adding the antenna back on the 2025 model. So basically its on the 2023 and 2025 but not the 2024 which is the one I purchased. Makes me think its might be a supply chain issue.

From what you are saying, you make it seem like I'm not missing much by not having one.

Thanks.